Queen Of Hearts To Return May 3rd
Having Queen Of Hearts withdrawal? We can help you get your fix. The next Whistle Stop QOH game will begin on Thursday, May 3rd at 9:00 P.M. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, April 23rd during normal business hours. Out of respect to our employees, volunteers, security personnel, our adjacent neighbors and the entire Village of Ansonia, we have made some changes to the game. The goals for these changes are many. Our intention is to make the game more exciting for the individual that has their name drawn first (if they do not find the QOH), as well as other ticket buyers that may be included in the draw down process.
“Our goal is to keep all of our customers safe while enjoying themselves on Thursday’s all while being a good neighbor to the citizens of Ansonia at the same time,” Whistle Stop Owner Andrew Riffle stated. “Last year the event became larger than anyone could have ever imagined but we learned a ton to make the necessary adjustments needed to satisfy all parties. I still look at the photos from the final evening of last year’s game and it brings a tear to my eye. I can’t thank the customers enough for supporting our great business and more importantly our great town. Many organizations raised money to support their respective projects that will last for years to come. I’m excited for the changes and to kick off another year.”
“We sat down as a team and really wanted to get the details right and make things easier. The biggest change is probably moving to $5 a ticket but logistically it will make things easier for both sides. On our side it won’t require as many raffle tickets, ticket sellers and large tumblers and on the patrons end it wont take as long to fill out tickets. Typically most patrons purchased tickets in increments of $5 anyway and changing the price will not change the odds of the game,” Riffle stated.
These are only a few of the exciting reasons we have made revisions to this, our 4th QOH game. To view all the rules and regulations, please scroll down the page. No questions regarding the Queen of Hearts game will be answered via telephone. See everyone May 3rd!♥
|THE QUEEN OF HEARTS BASICS|
- GAME START: Thursday, May 3, 2018.
- TICKET SALES START: Monday, April 23, 2018
- STARTING POT: The starting pot will be $144,000, which was the carryover from the last QoH game.
- COST: Tickets are $5.00 each and will be sold during normal business hours. Ticket sales will stop at 8:45 PM on the night of the drawing.
- DRAWING TIME: Held each Thursday (unless otherwise announced) at 9:00 PM EDT.
- PERCENTAGES: A Queen of Hearts winner receives 80% of the total purse if present or 40% if not present. The remaining 20% or 60% will start the next QoH game. If the ticket drawn does not reveal the Queen of Hearts, that individual will receive 10% of the total purse if present or 5% if not present. As in the past, we will wait 5 minutes for the winner to make themselves present.
- VALID TICKETS: One valid ticket will be drawn each week. A valid ticket must have the proper information on it (i.e. name, phone number, valid number that is remaining on the board). All tickets drawn without the proper information listed above will be forfeited.
- NOTE: The Whistle Stop does not profit from the game itself. All money paid into the game must eventually be paid out of the game.
|FIRST WEEK DRAWING (MAY 3)|
- FIRST WEEK DRAW DOWN: The first week QoH purse will have a draw down limit of $50,000.00. This means if the purse exceeds $50,000 following the first card (unless it reveals a Queen), it will be drawn down to the $50,000 mark by drawing valid tickets at $5,000.00 per ticket (or a lesser mount, if required) to get the amount down to $50,000.00. ($5,000 draw down amount if present and checked in at the drive-thru window no later than 10:00 PM that same night or $2,500.00 per ticket if not present and checked in at the drive-thru window by 10:00 PM that same night).
|WEEKLY DRAWINGS BEGINNING MAY 10|
- REGULAR DRAW DOWN: The weekly QoH purse will have a cap limit of $100,000.00 and a draw down limit of $100,000.00. This means if the Queen of Hearts is not revealed that week and the total QoH purse is $100,000.00 or higher, the QoH purse will be drawn down to $100,000.00 by drawing valid tickets at $5,000.00 per ticket (or a lesser mount, if required) to get the amount down to $100,000.00. ($5,000 draw down amount if present and checked in at the drive-thru window no later than 10:00 PM that same night or $2,500.00 per ticket if not present and checked in at the drive-thru window by 10:00 PM that same night).
- TAXES: All winning individuals must properly complete IRS form 5754 prior to receiving their winnings.
- WITHOLDINGS: All winning individuals that receive $5,000.00 or more will automatically have 25% of their winnings withheld prior to distribution per IRS form 5754. Winners will be paid by check.
- CLAIMING WINNINGS: All winning individuals cannot pickup their money until the Tuesday after the weekly drawing during normal business hours.
- CHANGES: The Whistle Stop reserves the right to: change the number of cards drawn each week, change the draw down procedures, make any adjustments deemed necessary in order to maintain the safety of the event
- NO PHONE: No questions regarding the Queen of Hearts game will be answered via telephone.
- EMAIL: Sign up for our email newsletter to stay updated on news surrounding the Queen of Hearts!