A November To Remember
November 3, 2017
The weather in west-central Ohio is changing from Fall to the early stages of Winter. With this is in mind, the Whistle Stop wants to inform you of some changes to the upcoming QOH drawings. These changes are being made out of respect to our employees, volunteers, security personnel, event contractors, customers and of course……Mother Nature.
Queen of Hearts drawing dates
Thursday, November 9 @ 9pm
Thursday, November 16 @ 9pm (if Queen is not found 11.09)
Wednesday, November 22 @ 9pm (If Queen is not found 11.16)
Thursday, November 30 @ 9pm (If Queen is not found 11.22)
NOTE: If we get to the 11.30 drawing, this will be the final drawing for the current game. This will be the process for the 11.30 drawing.
- All tickets drawn without the proper information such as name or number or a valid number that is remaining on the board will be forfeited.
- 1 valid ticket will be drawn for the Queen as normal. If that ticket number does not reveal the Queen, that individual will receive the normal $50.00 if present or $25.00 if not present. Then additional valid tickets will be drawn until Queen is found.
- Valid tickets drawn 11.30 that do not reveal the Queen will receive the normal $50.00 if present or $25.00 if not present.
- We will wait 5 minutes on all valid tickets to make themselves present. Once time expires, the number noted on the valid ticket drawn will be revealed. This process will continue until the Queen is revealed.
- In the event a valid ticket drawn has a number revealed earlier in the drawing that night, that individual will not receive any monetary reward for having their valid ticket drawn and they will not get to pick another number.
- There will be no draw down to $200,000 on November 30th. The individual that has the valid ticket that reveals the Queen will receive either 80% of the total that night (if present) or 40% of the total that night (if not present). The remaining 20% or 60% will start the new game that will begin at a date and time TBD in the Spring of 2018.
- The individual that has the valid ticket that reveals the Queen will automatically have 25% of their winnings withheld prior to distribution per IRS form 5754.
- The individual that has the valid ticket that reveals the Queen will NOT receive their winnings that same night. The money will be distributed within 7 days of winning at a date, place, time mutually agreed upon between the winner and the Whistle Stop.
- In the “extremely rare case” that this Queen of Hearts board does not contain a Queen, the winner will be the individual that has the valid ticket that reveals the very last card.
- No questions regarding the Queen of Hearts game will be answered via telephone.
The Whistle Stop greatly appreciates all the support that has been provided during this great ride. It is hard to believe that this QOH game began back in January of 2017 with a purse of $3,068.00.